Final Georgia Results (Lists & some quick thoughts on them)

Actual picture of the many SSD's clobbering everyone

Well,  I had a lot of fun at the Georgia Regional.  Granted it was over a month ago but between life and Thanksgiving it took a bit to get done with all my Armada typing.  Overall, I played 3 games, ended up with 21 tournament points and a MOV of 582.  I landed some sweet swag but more importantly made Exodus Fleet and Advanced Transponder Network not completely fail.  One more round would have been reduce the slight variation caused by round match-ups.  If it had happened I would have been paired up against yet another Ravager SSD, so it would've been interesting to see if I could apply any of my lessons from the last battle to hurting and destroying another SSD.  It would've either propelled me near the top if I won or sunk me solidly to my typical middle of the pack location as I tried for Glory.  Because ultimately I'm here to have fun and go 'Pew Pew!'

The reason we all play Armada

Below, I'll cover a quick rundown of the top 7 (1/3) of the lists present since they all had 20 tournament points or more.

Final Points Tally, MOV, and Strength of Schedule
All of these lists are helped by the great lads over at Steel Strategy and their massive collection of Prime Lists and Data. 

1st place

1st place was a Ravager SSD commanded by Jerrjerod and was it a Christmas Tree.  The 'standard' Ravager was in full effect on almost all the lists as they used Intel Officer, H9's and Quad Turbolaser Cannons to completely deny any tokens for the defender.  Also, Ravager made huge spikes of damage entirely possible.

Interesting to note that MS-1 and the Phylon tractor beam made an appearance.  Completely makes sense on the huge ship as you can slow or force anyone to spend a nav token, hopefully, keeping you in his Jerry inspired front arc.  MS-1 helps against Heavy Ion Emplacements since he wasn't rocking DCO.  I'd be curious if it got any use.
Pain Train pulling out of station

 2nd place

The List that came in second is an interesting Sato list that if I'm being honest wish I had watched more how it was played.  I will not pretend to know how it all works together but the designer obviously knew what he was doing as he crushed it with 25 tournament points.  If you can figure it out you are a better player than I.
Sato is odd...but hooray he ended up near the top!

3rd place

Another Ravager list took 3rd.  This one is more my style of Ravager.  Although, it does seems that having a repair crew gozanti is critical as when you start losing hull on the SSD, it is more valuable than a comms net.

The Ravager Boogeyman!

4th place

Me! But by an MOV of 2 whopping points!  Mon Cal Exodus Fleet survived long enough to either score me points or run away bravely to preserve what points I had.  

Heroes...All of them!

5th place

My second round opponent.  The third and final round had a brutal line up of YT-2400s to hunt down CR90s and that apparently cost many a corvette.  Enoguh so that I just barely edged by to snag the swag.  Adam was a great opponent and soundly trounced me so it would've been interesting to see where we ended up with another round between all of us.

An Ackbar line toiletbowl of death will always be a legitimate tactic and with squadrons generally reduced in size, it probably a safer bet more and more as more anti-squadron tech gets released and figured out.
There be buckets of Red Dice incoming.

6th place

This will be eerily famailar, another 'standard' Ravager build.  This one swapped out Krennic for Kallus and a little more anti-squadron hate.

More Super Star Destroyers

7th place

And the last of the lists I'll cover.  Yet another Super Star Destroyer, yet this one was a Piett. So props for doing something different.  Also, only one buddy Gozanti and then some light squadron cover.  Interesting choice of the squad cover vs incorporating anti-squad upgrades onto the SSD and it obviously worked out pretty well.

#4 of the SSD's in the top 7

Thoughts on lists

I won't rant or rave or many of the lists, but what I did notice was that 4 out of the 5 SSD's that showed up ended up with 20 or more tournament points and were in the top 7.  So if you are going to show up you NEED to have a plan to deal with a Super Star Destroyer because they change the game in crazy ways, like needing to do 22 hull damage to not get shot by a bucket of dice!  Most all of them were Christmas trees with all the points locked in one ship, so something of yours was going to die most likely, but you have to be able to do 13-4 hull damage going into round 6 or they will just repair it away and it's like you did nothing.  

There's a lot of Command Ships
Wrong Luke, it's Jerrjerod!
Overall, I had a great time and can;t wait to go to some other Prime's.  Maybe I'll try to make Vanguard a thing, who knows.  And now hopefully, I'll be starting a RITR campaign soon.



Popular posts from this blog

Recusant - What we know/thoughts & possible builds

VWC Pod Game 1 (Geek19)

Gameday in the Gateway to the Midwest